The first thing that you have to be sure of before purchasing stairlifts is the simple thing of whether or not a stairlift is right for you and your lifestyle.
Has getting up and down the stairs in your property become a daily struggle? Has the climb of the staircase transformed into tackling mount Everest within your own home?
If you haven’t already considered it, it may be time to consider living downstairs in your home if this is possible. Or consider moving into a bungalow or ground floor flat.
If you are thinking about changing to a ground floor living space, then one major concern to take into account is the availability of bathroom facilities. However, installing a stairlift is often a more practical and cost-effective option, and it means less of a change to your lifestyle, allowing you to carry on living independently in your own home.
Once you have decided that a stairlift is the right option for you, it is important to choose the stairlift that will best suit your requirements.
Before you buy stairlifts
Like any offer home improvement purchase, there are options to think and talk with your family, friends and professionals to help you make an informed decision before having a stairlift installed in your home:
- If you know someone who already owns a stairlift, it’s always worth having a chat with them. That way you can get an honest and unbiased opinion on the advantages and potential disadvantages of having a stairlift in your home.
- It can be useful to contact an Occupational Therapist (OT), who will be able to offer you guidance on the best solution for your individual requirements. They may even be able to offer alternative mobility aids.
- Taking your time is important before purchasing your stairlift. Ensuring reliability and safety are the main factors you are considering. Don’t let cold caller put pressure on you into making a decision, take the time you need to chose a type of stairlift that is right for you.
- Requesting a free stairlift brochure and information pack is a great way to compare products that you may consider for your home. Many services even offer a free quote.
- Consider contacting your Local Authority, they can give you information on Disabled Facility Grants and are obliged to give you this if your circumstances meet the criteria.
Euro Lifts Limited offers a wide range of high-quality stairlifts. We can offer both a straight stairlift or a curved stairlift to suit your individual requirements for your home. As always, all of our lifts will be tailor-made to suit your stairs and options can be selected to suit your individual needs.
We can provide you with a free, no-obligation property survey to assess whether your staircase would be suitable for a stairlift, which type would be most appropriate and to discuss the costs involved. Take the steps today into making your staircase usable once more and contact us to hear more about our products and services.