Euro Lifts Limited offer businesses two lift maintenance packages to choose from. Depending upon your needs, you may only desire the Level 1 package, or require our more comprehensive package that include add-on services. These lift maintenance packages are available to all Euro Lifts customers across the South West England area.
Lift maintenance is essential in ensuring the longevity of your vertical lift system. All of our workshops and engineers’ vans carry a vast selection of parts that are commonly needed when repairing wear and tear. As a result, this enables us to provide a swift and highly satisfactory lift maintenance service.
Lift maintenance you can rely on
Our in-house resources and fantastic reputation in the trade allow us to source most lift maintenance parts and equipment from almost any manufacturer in Europe – and sometimes even further afield! Euro Lifts Limited will do whatever is necessary to get the parts you need to your site in South West England. You can count on us for top-class lift maintenance service.
Our library of manuals and drawings, built up over the last 25+ years, contains a wealth of information and specifications that are the envy of the industry. We are truly specialists in our field – we do what we love, and we love what we do.
Our procurement record is second to none, and your best interests are always at the forefront of our minds. You don’t have to worry about parts that are no longer available or manufactured. These can be handmade or reproduced in order to keep you operating your equipment. And, of course, we are also happy to recommend newer parts that may be suitable for you.
Euro Lifts Preventative Maintenance Contract Level 1 includes regular visits at prearranged intervals, called up on our automated servicing systems, and carried out by our fully trained and experienced engineers on their servicing runs.
The frequency of these visits is determined by the amount of use and type of equipment and environment the equipment is used in. Often the manufacturing or regulating authorities will predetermine a minimum requirement.
These are the lift maintenance checks that will be carried out by our fully-trained, experienced specialist engineers:
- Check condition of the wire ropes / chains throughout their length
- Check rope / chain anchorages, sprockets, guards and fixings
- Check external gearing shafts drive belts and bearings
- Check gearboxes through inspection covers, if fitted
- Check oil levels, in gearboxes and bearings and top up if required
- Screw down lubricators and storfers, refill, apply gun to grease nipples
- Inspect brake drums and linings for contamination, wear and adjustment
- Check brakes and safety gear for correct mech. / safe operation
- Check hooks, swivels and end fittings for wear and free movement
- Inspect wheels, rollers, guides, rails and bearings, lubricate
- Ensure safety guards and gear are correctly positioned and working
- Clean and adjust contacts linkage arms and operators
- Check supply cables, conductors and warning lights if fitted
- Check operation of the main safety / emergency systems
- Check the alarms, auto dialers, speech synthesizers, position indicators and ancillary equipment.
- Check the microprocessors log for fault history and settings
- Check contactors, relays, resistors, diodes, rectifiers, terminal strips and connections
- Check operation of emergency lights in the motor room/lift car etc
In addition to all this,Euro Lifts Limited will carry out a site safety check during our first visit, and at least bi-annually thereafter. This takes into consideration accessibility, safety features, compliance with current legislation, up to date statutory inspections, testing, certificates and reports.
Everything from the Level 1 contract is included in Comprehensive Contract Level 2, plus further add-on services.
Please refer back to the Level 1 tab for these services. Also covered in this contract are:
- All repair and breakdown visits carried out during normal working hours (Monday – Friday) due to normal wear and tear.*
- All repair and breakdown visits carried out 24 hours a day 365 days a year due to normal wear and tear.*
*Not included is accidental damage (which should be covered by your insurance) – other exclusions as per our Terms and Conditions and Statutory Inspections.
We recommend the following lift maintenance checks to be carried out by Euro Lifts Limited engineers every 12 months, on top of the above preventative maintenance item.
- Check gate locks / brakes and safety gear operation
- Check alignment of tracks / guides and security of their fixings
- Check structure, bolts and anchorage points
- Lubricate motor bearings, if required
- Remove covers on gearboxes, motors and bearing and thoroughly inspect teeth on spur wheels, gears and worm wheels
- Inspect commutators, slip rings and brush gear
- Check installation for earth continuity and insulation.
It is possible to include the statutory inspections and certificates in the preventative maintenance plan – the extra costs involved, if carried out during the service visit, is minimal.
Typical Statutory Requirements
- Manual Lifts: Every 12 Months
- Powered Lifts: Every 6 Months
LG’s (now ST1, 5’s and 10’s) should be carried out every one, five or ten years – for your convenience we will advise you in advance when these items are due. These are known as thorough examinations and supplementary tests.
These frequencies are based upon the factories acts and recommendations by the Health and Safety Executive, and Euro Lifts Limited would be very pleased to offer this along with our numerous other services and products. We want to be your one-stop shop for everything lift-related!
Call us now to arrange your free quote